The library is a great place to visit in the summer! There are awesome books and activities! Libraries Rock!
Supplies: Card stock, 4 emoji faces, 4 images of musical equipment (microphone, guitar, keyboard, etc.), glue/tape, crayons/markers, scissors and stickers.
1. Cut out a musical note shaped book from card stock. It's basically 2 musical notes attached together and folds open and closed like a book.
2. Color in an emoji face and attach each emoji face onto each bottom part of the note.
3. Color in a piece of musical equipment (such as the mike, keyboard, guitar, etc.) and attach each one onto each page of the music note. (Each emoji should have an instrument.)
4. Decorate the musical note with stickers. Draw on any more decorations as you wish.
Enjoy the emoji musicals below created by the children at the library!
Seeing an emoji with a guitar makes me want to play a guitar! Let's make a guitar!
Supplies: One large oak tag guitar or paper guitar, paper, card stock scraps and pieces of paper, string, stickers, crayons/markers, glue/tape and scissors.
1. Cut out shapes from card stock and paper and adorn the guitar in any way you like. Color in the guitar if you wish.
2. Attach long strings vertically from the top of the guitar down the middle to make it look authentic.
Enjoy the paper guitars below designed by the children at the library!
There are books in the library about unicorns that rock!
Supplies: One small cardboard tube, construction paper, yarn, glue/tape, scissors, crayons/markers and stickers.
1. Wrap the cardboard tube in construction paper. Draw a face on one side of the tube.
2. Cut out a piece of paper into the shape of sunglasses and attach the paper sunglasses onto the face.
3. Cut out a narrow triangle from paper and attach onto the top front of the face. Cut out horse ears and attach them onto the top back of the tube. Now the unicorn has a horn and ears and a face with sunglasses.
4. Attach pieces of yarn onto the top front of the face and the back of the tube for the mane and tail.
5. Adorn the unicorn with stickers of your preference.
Enjoy the rocking unicorns below created by the children at the library!